Sunday, December 25, 2022

MEGO 50th ANNIVERSARY WORLD'S GREATEST SUPER-HEROES


 Before finding Superman, Batman, and Robin at Walmart on Black Friday, I had preordered the new Mego 50th Anniversary Shazam, Aquaman, and Flash from ZLC Collectibles, along with the forthcoming Green Arrow figure. I'm also still waiting on the Green Lantern and some other new Mego figures from Absolutely Retro. While Flash wasn't in the original Mego WGSH lineup, they did a fantastic job styling him as they would other characters cack in the '70s- I know because I was there! Check out the video:



There are group pictures with other toys in my collection in the video, some from Mego's newer 14" and 8" DC figure lines, Mattel 6" DC Universe Classics and 8" DC Retro-Action figures, 4" Spinmaster figures, and more. Below, Mego Batman with my 8" Mattel Retro-Action Batman and 10.5" Medicom Sofubi vinyl Batman, all with removable cowl. My childhood Mego was the later, 2nd version without the removable cowl, but otherwise indistinguishable from this 50th Anniversary version. Because of this, the blue/gray version with yellow oval chest insignia is kinda my jam- love all-black Keaton Batman too, but this was my first impression. 


I'm glad I picked up all of these and look forward to getting Green Arrow and Green Lantern, the latter of which was never produced in the original '70s WGSH lineup, like the Flash. Mego recreated the "magic" however on both these new additions. I had hoped Superman, Batman and Robin would have printed insignia like Shazam and Flash, but they went with the sticker like back in the day. I was never a fan of the oven mitt gloves either, but they are authentic. Regardless, I love that Mego released these- their return in 2018 was unbelievable, and I've bought more this year than any other since. It turned out to be a Merry Mego Christmas with even more to come!


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment