Thursday, October 12, 2023

MOTU Origins Snake Mountain Playset



 The anticipation for this Motu Origins Snake Mountain playset wasn't as crushing as for my Origins Castle Grayskull in 2021, but its initial dismissal as a piece unnecessary to my collection, never having it as a child in the '80s, soon dissolved. My childhood MOTU window was but a couple years long, and I have collected this new Origins line well past those first characters/playsets already. Life is short, buy the playset! My box got a little crunched, but I was able to use some Amazon Visa points to get mine shipped free for around $68.00. A fantastic value! Check out the video:




Snake Mountain is taller than the MOTU Origins Castle Grayskull, but it's "play area" is more split between the front and back of the playset. It is INSANE having these two big playsets for sale at retail today, Friends! Fun!


Also seen in the video above are these MOTU Origins Snake Men Series figures I've had on ice for a while now, awaiting the arrival of Snake Mountain! The mini comic version of Roboto was in one of these Snake Men waves, which was a must-have for me!




Shouldn't Teela be the Queen of Snake Mountain with that motif running through her story? The snake staff and armor? I bought the first Origins Teela, the Eternian Goddess (from the original mini comics), and now this outright Snake Teela! I want the Teela packed with the new Zoar bird, too!


The first MOTU Origins Roboto (2021) with my new mini comic variant...


And finally, the three mini comics included with these figures, featuring the classic cross-sell page on back showing all the figures in the other waves. I may have a couple or more of the other figures among the three waves represented, and they don't even cover all the Snake Men figures released in the Origins line.



More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment