Monday, November 6, 2023

MOTU Masterverse New Eternia Whiplash, Clawful, Beastman, Revelation Mer-Man


As stated in my previous posts, I've been collecting MOTU Masterverse figures in the corner for long enough that the stack needed to be addressed, or rather opened and enjoyed. You will be seeing these in batches here in future posts. I never collected the Masters of the Universe Classics from a decade ago, for which these are the "spiritual successor". 
 

This Mer-Man is the only Revelation figure in the bunch- there was another more stripped-down Revelation figure before this more classic Mer-man. This character was introduced to me back in 1982 as part of the original lineup.


                Below, Masterverse Revelation Mer-Man with my MOTU Origins Mer-Man...


Like Mer-Man, Beastman was one of the original MOTU figures I had as a kid in '82, so he's near and dear to me. The figure has two modes, one with the soft goods fur overlay/chest harness and headdress, the other his more familiar chest harness. The headdress doesn't really stay in place, but I will likely display him in his classic mode.


                 Below, Masterverse New Eternia Beastman with my MOTU Origins Beastman...


I didn't have Whiplash as a child, having left toys behind to study music before his 1984 release. This New Eternia Whiplash feels really deluxe with three armor pieces two weapons and a torch. I love his classic look, but the purple armor is impressive.


                  Below, Masterverse New Eternia Clawful with my MOTU Origins Whiplash...


Clawful has two modes as well: the crab shell armor and harness, a sort of carry-over from the Masters of the Universe Classics, does really change his appearance, especially with the gold shield. 


Below, Masterverse New Eternia Clawful with my MOTU Origins Clawful...


I'm really a fan of the Masterverse line, in spite of my initial resolve only to collect the MOTU Origins line- they just made some of these too good to ignore. Visit the Battle Ram Blog to read all about the original Masters of the Universe line from 1982 - '88! 


More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way these guys look. If I had more room I'd definitely consider picking them up. I have the bland Beastman they released initially as well as a couple others from the line. They remind me of the 200x line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh, I don't have room my friend, but after getting a few I fell in love with them

      Delete