Tuesday, October 31, 2023

MOTU Masterverse Revelation Scare Glow


On a whim, I decided to pull out this Masterverse Scare Glow I've had on ice for a second Halloween post tonight! As I said in my last post, I've been quietly collecting Masterverse figures in spite of my initial resolve only to collect Origins line for my MOTU fix. My eBay purchase had a rough box, but I don't care about that for the discounted price & free shipping.


Scareglow's head and hands are the only parts with any translucence, unlike his usual appearance in toy form, but I do like this updated aesthetic overall. I'd love the 2021 SDCC Exclusive with additional neon green, glow-in-the-dark deco if the secondary market price was more reasonable, but this standard issue has a glow-in-the-dark head and is plenty of fun for me. I like that the capes in the Masterverse line are soft goods, and they have all the updated articulation modern action figures enjoy.








Above, Masterverse Revelation Scare Glow with Revelation Skeletor from 
my last post, and my 5.5" Origins Scare Glow - one of my favorites! 


While the original Scare Glow was released just a little past my childhood interest in 1987, he's a favorite MOTU character of mine in adulthood. This redesign for the Revelation Series is a little different, it captures the essence of the character- he's a glowing skeleton villain, and not the only one either- what more do you really need? Visit the Battle Ram Blog to read all about the original Masters of the Universe line from 1982 - '88!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment