Saturday, September 17, 2022

MOTU Origins Wave 8

 

I've been sitting on these Wave 8 MOTU Origins figures awhile, though I have yet to see any of them on the pegs here regionally. It's a pretty good wave, the characters past my time with the original '80s toy line. Some of the MOTU Origins characters that were released after 1984 in the original line I have passed on, but these all tie into the characters I have. Check out the video:



Sun-Man Rises was the minicomic included in this wave, a character created by Yla Eason in 1985, after her sone told her he could never be a hero because of his skin color- he was playing with a He-Man action figure. She founded Olmec Toys and set out to get a black action figure out through her multicultural Rulers of the Sun line. Sun-Man is pictured below, calling on the Eternian Goddess at Castle Grayskull, her Eternian Palace Guards on watch... 


Below, Clawful with an assortment of the Evil Warriors in my collection: Rise of Evil 2-pk Skeletor, Beastman, Trapjaw, Faker, Mer-Man, Webstor, and Tri-Klops...


I have to imagine we will see other MOTU Origins in the black/red Anti-Eternia deco, hopefully a Battlecat! In the meantime, Anti-Eternia He-Man can battle my MOTU Origins He-Man atop Panthor!


Last but not least, the new Horde Troopers have finally arrived to flank my MOTU Origins Hordak as the Evil Horde! I'm glad I snagged this Funko Primal Age Batcave while the price was reduced to use with my MOTU Origins figures- make a perfect villain's lair!


I'm still really enjoying this MOTU Origins line, one of the three or four major focuses in my collecting the last couple years. I am looking forward to some of the upcoming Snake Men figures, and there are a few that have already been released that I am looking out for. The value of some of these aftermarket is trending upward, so if there's one you want, it would probably be best to jump on it. 


More Later- Make It FUN!

1 comment:

  1. I still need Sun-Man from this wave, I'm still stubbornly expecting to see him at retail. Not sure if that will happen any time soon though, with my local Target still sitting on the full naked Stratos wave!

    ReplyDelete