Saturday, August 11, 2018

Marvel Legends All-New, All-Different Daredevil


I was always a fan of the highly coveted 2015 Hobgoblin Wave Daredevil in red, but was glad to get this updated version from the 2018 SP//dr Wave. Modeled after the All-New, All-Different. the wrapped forearms and laced boots make for a more interesting figure, in my opinion, and despite complaints from the collector community, I actually like the zig-zag pattern of the rope accessory. Like the other recent Daredevil figures, this one was built on the oft used Bucky Cap body, which Hasbro has got some serious mileage out of- it works fine, though some butterfly joints at the shoulders would have added to an acrobatic character like Daredevil. I found this sample for under half the retail priced shipped, without the box or SP//dr BAF part, which didn't interest me that much anyway.





Below, All-New, All-Different Daredevil with my 12" SDCC Daredevil...


Below, Daredevil spars with the recent 1st Appearance Deadpool...


I'd certainly recommend this Daredevil figure, now the only 6" version of the character in my collection after having recently sold off my 2009 Nemesis Series Daredevil. Matt Murdock only wore this black outfit briefly, but it captures the spirit of the character, and the sculpt upgrades sure add visual interest. I'm currently catching up on some of this Daredevil Vol. 5 from 2016, and enjoying it. The character has been enjoying a resurgence in popularity due to the popular Netflix series after 50+ years in publication, first appearing in 1964, a creation of writer Stan Lee and artist Bill Everett. Daredevil is one of Marvel's most unique characters, evoking a deep psychological aspect due to his disability as well as his profession as a lawyer. Because of this layered complexity, so many stories of the blind Devil of Hell's Kitchen have been told.
More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment