Monday, November 2, 2020

McFarlane Toys Batman Earth-44 (Murder Machine)


I saw the entire wave this Batman Earth-44 figure was part of several weeks ago at Walmart for under $16.00 each, but was mainly interested in him, due in large part to his fantastic character design. I've not read any of DC's Dark Knights series, featuring a number of elseworlds versions of Batman, all villainous mashups with other DC characters. Murder Machine is a mix of Batman and Cyborg, the result of a guilt ridden Earth-44 Bruce Wayne having downloaded the brutally murdered Alfred Pennyworth's conscious. The consequences of Cyborg's assistance in this task was his own gruesome beheading when the A.I. turns against everyone, taking over Bruce's body, replacing it with a murderous mechanical Batman. Pretty dark, but I liked the figure.


Like the other McFarlane Multiverse figures, Murder Machine came with a collector card made of thick, durable stock, and a base upon which to stand him. I really hated when DC Collectibles and Mattel stopped giving us figure bases, and it's classy of McFarlane to bring that back.
 

I love the tentacle accessory included with this figure, and only wish he came with another! I can't imagine displaying him without it, so I'll need to fina a little baggie to store his other fist. A large blade, clamp, or gun could have also been excellent accessories for Murder Machine.



Below, Murder Machine battles my McFarlane Toys Nightwing, another fantastic figure from this Multiverse line. While collectors have had a launder list of complaints about McFarlane's Multiverse line, this is the best Nightwing I've seen in awhile- the sculpt detail and articulation are really great.


And finally, Murder Machine Batman vs. the Hellbat, the figure from McFarlane's first DC Multiverse wave, and still likely my favorite! This chunky, armored Batman got my attention immediately. I've seen previews of a few McFarlane DC figures forthcoming that interest me, but am ready for some other characters. I'd like to believe we could see Silver Age characters like Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Dr. Fate, but we've only  received contemporary characters so far. Only time will tell!

More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. I really like these Mcfarlane Batman figures. Grim Knight looks so badass. Not familiar with any of his backstory but I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...yeah, I am way behind on current Batman mythos, but the figures have been pretty cool

    ReplyDelete