Monday, December 14, 2020

MOTU Eternia Minis Series 2 He-Man & Skeletor


 This past weekend would mark the first time I've seen these MOTU Eternia Minis, having never found the 1st wave featuring the Castle Grayskull shell. I do like this Snake Mountain shell however, and was surprised to see them. Finding the new Mattel MOTU stuff here in the Midwest has been hit or miss, and I'm hoping that will change in 2021. I'm particularly mad for the new Origins line, and have been waiting for what seems like an eternity for any of the second wave. I don't have any plans for collecting all these Eternia Minis, but wanted to sample He-man & Skeletor at the very least.




One of the most fun features about these Eternia Minis are the clamshells they come packed in, which clasp at the sides like the classic Masters of the Universe playsets. There is a peg at the top to display each minifig, and they can be chained together via the hinge clasps at the sides. Great design and lots of fun! 


Mattel made the similar DC Action League Batman and Joker I've had for many years- a series I was really into upon their release in 2011. I sold most all my Action League figures off, along with all my DC Imaginext and Marvel MiniMates, in attempt to thin out the collection. I love minifigs, but they do pile up over time!


And finally, Eternia Mini He-Man and Skeletor with my MOTU Origins He-Man and Skeletor- two figures that really surprised me this year. After picking them up along with the Origins Battle Cat, I had to have more! I'm anxiously awaiting the second wave and next year's Castle Grayskull, which I have on preorder. While I had fond memories of Masters of the Universe from the early '80s, I wasn't collecting anything until these Origins figures bowled me over back in September!


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment