Monday, November 15, 2021

Hasbro Fortnite Victory Royale Series Meowscles


This Hasbro Fortnite Victory Royale Meowscles was an impulse buy while hunting for MOTU Origins figures this weekend, While I've been looking at Jazzwares and McFarlane Toys' Fortnite offerings for awhile now, this is the first figure from the franchise I've picked up. I'm not much of a gamer, but the bizarre cast of characters and their accessories seemed compatible to my 6" Marvel Legends figures.

It didn't get past me that the packaging was different on this deluxe box, minimal in it's use of plastic, the accessories tray constructed of cardstock, and individual pieces wrapped in coated squares of coated paper. Somewhere I'd heard that Hasbro planned to phase out plastic from their packaging in the next few years, and this Victory Royale Series box appears to confirm that goal. Meowscles is armed to the teeth with matching pistols, assault rifle, and bowie knives that hang off the back of his yarn ball backpack. He also comes with an extra pair of fisted hands. And the weight bench is an accessory I can have all kinds of fun mixing up with my Marvel Legends.







A 6" figure produced by Hasbro, his articulation similar in level to Marvel Legends, and works pretty good. Meowscles has pinless limbs, and some butterfly joints at the shoulders that make him particularly dynamic. 






While I can't see myself buying every one of these, there are a few other new Hasbro Fortnite figures & accessory packs I'm interested in. Meowscles was a deluxe release I picked up for just under $34.00 using my Target card, but it seems the regular boxed figures are about twenty bucks. I'm pretty happy with Meowscles, and look forward to getting a couple more!

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment