Friday, December 24, 2021

12in. Spin Master Metal Tech & Bat Tech Batman Figures


I'm somewhat a fan of "big, dumb action figures", like these 12" Spin Master Batman figures, and picked them up compulsively, based on the dazzle of their metallic finish. These wouldn't be the only DC figures of this category I've owned, having picked up a similar Mattel Superman back in 2015, and authored many posts on this blog featuring those '90s era ToyBiz 10" Marvel figures. Sure, they aren't the collector grade figures in my collection, but perhaps more fun in ways. Countless numbers of Marvel and DC figures have been produced by Hasbro and Mattel, respectively, but Spin Master took the sculpt and finish to another level with these two Bat Tech figures.



Overall, I'm pretty happy with these ten-dollar figures, which visually display a lot of bang for the buck. I'm not sure I've seen these particular finishes on Spin Master's 12" Batman figures and was taken with them on the spot- they make a fantastic pair on the shelf! I may have preferred a cloth cape, but the vinyl used may clean better with water after rough play with the target age demographic. It had a papery thin feel I didn't care for that came out of the package wrinkled. An industrious customizer might retro-fit a cloth goods cape, but mine will likely stay as-is.



 




Below, 12" Spin Master Bat Tech Batman with 4" Spin Master Bat Tech Batman and 10" Imaginext Bat Tech Batman. I'm sensing a theme here, perhaps directed by Warner Bros. or whomever oversees editorial decisions regarding DC characters. Children are growing up in a different era of technological advance than I did, certainly- untold fortunes were likely spent on research to arrive here, I'm sure. Whatever the case, I think it's fun in the same way I like the futuristic take on Batman Beyond.


And finally, the 12" Spin Master Batman figures with some other favorite Batman figures in my collection: 14" Mego Dark Knight Detective, 8" Mego Batman, 6" Mattel Total Heroes Batman, 7" McFarlane Batman Beyond (Inque), 4" Kenner Shadow Wing Batman, and 6" Mattel DC Multiverse Ninja Batman...


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment