Thursday, December 30, 2021

Imaginext XL Deluxe Bat Tech & Defender Blue Batman, Imaginext Batman Vs. Riddler


As predicted, I did pick up a couple more Imaginext XL Batman figures, both new to the line, the Deluxe Bat Tech XL with lights and sounds, and the XL Batman in Defender Blue. I'm kind of a fan of variations on a theme and love the unique deco on these 10" figures. The Defender Blue Batman is a repaint of the black/yellow version Fisher-Price produced first, but the Deluxe Bat Tech Batman has some unique sculpt, and a lot of translucent parts, including the limbs and head. The light/sounds feature is activated by pressing his red belt buckle (video below).
 



Below, XL Deluxe Bat Tech and Defender Blue Batman with my Imaginext XL Bat Tech Batman, who's deco is also a unique variation on Batman's outfit. I'm happy with the cool, dark tones of this trio. Yes, these are for kids 3-8, but as an adult I enjoy them as I would any large vinyl toy- I love their exaggerated stylization, and chunky dimensions. If Funko put one in a window box with Japanese writing on the outside, they'd ask you fifty bucks for it- maybe more for a red variant.


See/hear Imaginext XL Deluxe Bat Tech Batman in action:


While shopping for other action figures, I happened upon this Batman Vs. Riddler 2 pk. While I did sell off all my Imaginext figures a few years ago, I was so charmed by the classic presentation of these characters, that I had to pick it up. The Fisher-Price Imaginext line is a fantastic, successful toy line I'd recommend for any kid, vast in scope with countless minifigures, fun playsets, and vehicles. Recommended!





More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment