Saturday, January 29, 2022

Mego 14in. Shazam & Superman


 I was somewhat late to the party for Mego's resurrection when in May of 2019 I began picking up some of their magnificent new 14" figures, but I was hooked from that moment on. I was less than enamored with their first attempt at the Man of Steel, so when this new version with improved body and extra hands was solicited, I preordered him from BBTS. We were supposed to get a Shazam in this scale back in 2019, but sources at the online Mego Museum reported the factory producing these closed, leaving Mego to start from scratch. Check out the video:

I could not be happier with these two figures, which were quite a bit more expensive than Mego's first outing in this scale, but vastly improved in body construction and included an extra set of hands. I was surprised to discover they are not exactly the same buck- because I didn't want to strip them down, I'm not sure where the difference is but suspect it is in the legs.


Among several comparisons in the video above are Mego 14" Superman & Shazam with my new Mego 8" Justice League Superman and Mattel's 8" Retro-Action ShazamThough the success of Figures Toy Company's 8" replica figures was nearer to Mego's 2018 resurrection, Mattel's Retro-Action line from over a decade ago essentially led to Mego's revival.


Within my collection of large action figures are several of DC Direct's 13" deluxe figures, including a beautiful, classic Superman which I treasure. I'd love to see Mego's take on Martian Manhunter and Green Arrow in this larger 14" format...


My Mego 14" Justice League lineup is coming along nicely! 


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment