Friday, February 11, 2022

Figures Toy Company 8in. Green Arrow


I've owned maybe three Figures Toy Company figures, which is odd because of how much I loved Mego's World's Greatest Superheroes as a kid. This Figures Toy Company Green Arrow looks a lot like it's '70s counterpart, complete with his green Mego boots. I purchased him on the secondary market, advertised as "new in factory bag". My sample looks fantastic, only a somewhat loose right knee to complain about.


While going through more than one Batman and Superman, I never had a Mego Green Arrow as a child, making this a fun grab for me. I don't remember knowing Green Arrow as a character distinctly then, learning far more about him reading comics as an adult, as with many DC characters. Millionaire businessman Oliver Queen does draw comparisons to Bruce Wayne/Batman, but has his own flair...



GA's shoulder straps on his fence of arrows are clunky and his belt doesn't tab well, but he holds his bow nicely, and his soft rubber cape stretches over his head in a nice way. I'm not sure if the original GA had any of these problems but doubt I would have noticed as a child. Still, mine displays well enough- a really nice-looking figure.



Below, 8" Figures Toy Company GA with my 8" Mattel Retro-Action GA. That Mattel line really sparked my nostalgia for my Mego figures of the '70s and sparked my interest in action figure collecting back in 2010 when I started this blog.


And below, 8" Figures Toy Company and Mattel Retro-Action 8" Green Arrows with my 6" DC Universe Classics Green Arrow, my 10" and 4" JLU Green Arrows, and my 13" DC Direct Green Arrow. Not all my GA figures, but a greater portion of!


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment