Monday, February 7, 2022

Mego 14in. Batman (2022 Black & Gray)

 


My third 14" Mego Batman, this new black/gray version was purchased after enjoying the other two 14" Mego figures recently dropped, the new classic Superman and Shazam. This new wave of 14" Mego seem to run about $35.00, a substantial price hike after paying $20.00 at Target for the first few waves. New bodies, improved sculpt, and extra hands were improvements used to justify the price increase, and while they are nice, I could never understand how Mego could make money selling the first waves so cheap, many of which I purchased at a heavy discount. Pleased with the two I had, picking up this Batman wasn't in my plans, but Kokomo Toys out of Indiana was selling these shipped at thirty bucks so I took the bait. Check out the video:


Mego gave us a batarang with this Batman, and the hands to hold it. The same grapple hook was also included, which I've tied yellow nylon cord to with my other Batman figures. I like having extra fists with my Batman figure, but hands that actually hold the accessories better is really nice too...

Below, the new Mego 14" Batman with my blue/gray Classic Batman and Dark Knight Detective Batman, both from 2019. I don't like the new Batman more than these two previous versions. In fact, I like the way their suits fit better, and I don't mind the beefier build. I do like the batarang and extra hands, but it seems like the clothes size stayed the same when they built the newer, slightly smaller buck. Even the belt has a somewhat hard time knowing where to sit. You can wiggle things around to fit, but it's not as good as the previous Batman figures.

Below, the new 14" Mego Batman with his smaller counterpart, the 2021 8" Mego Batman. I had intended to avoid Mego's new 8" figures to save space for my 14" DC Heroes but made an exception for this Batman. I have since picked up other 8" Mego DC characters you will see in future posts...


Below, Batman with the other two new 14" Mego DC Heroes, a classic Superman and Shazam! I was thrilled to finally see these produced after a pause in Mego 14" offerings. Shazam was supposed to be released in the 4th quarter of 2019, but when the manufacturer/factory closed, they had to start all over again...

And finally, Batman with my 14" Mego Joker. Like many of the other 14" Mego in my collection, I picked Joker up quite a while after he was released, ordering a jacket from Dr. Mego to supplement my vested, but not jacketed figure- the jacket originally came with the first Joker which had only a printed vest. Joker is on an older male buck that is beefier than the new Batman. Regardless, I'm really enjoying seeing all the new Mego since their 2018 resurrection and love their 14" DC figures. I've been tempted by their 14" Star Trek and Monsters but would be more interested in seeing new DC characters like Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, or Jor-El.  Recommended! 

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment