Saturday, October 8, 2022

Mego Universal Monsters Frankenstein, Bride of, Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon


I actually picked these Mego Universal Horror figures up last February in anticipation of this Halloween season, and inspired by Mego's release of 8" DC Comics figures. I had been collecting mostly the 14" line of DC Heroes until then, but my nostalgia for the World's Greatest Superheroes line paved the way for me getting back into Mego's 8" figures. As a kid, I was mad for the Universal Monsters, and though I didn't have any of the 8" Mego Mad Monsters in the '70s, I did have a couple of the 9" Remco monsters, as well as all of their 3.75" monster figures from around 1980.
 

Frankenstein's Monster/Bride of Frankenstein:






The Mummy:





Creature from the Black Lagoon:





________________________________________________________


I finally sold my Universal Movie Monsters Aladdin lunchbox from childhood a few years ago, photographing it for posterity before parting with it. All the characters in this post are present on that lunchbox, and a few I will show in other Mego Horror posts in future posts this month. As stated previously, I was fascinated by the Universal Monsters as a grade schooler, checking out books about the movies at the school library, masquerading as Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Wolfman for Halloween, and collecting the surge of merchandise that came out there in the early '80s. Great memories!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment