Monday, October 10, 2022

Mego Wave 6 Dracula (Glow in the Dark)


 I didn't pick this guy up when he was released in the 6th Wave of Mego's triumphant return, but I looked him over closely. Then I grabbed him just this past February at a good price on eBay, as I began collecting 8" Mego Horror figures in anticipation of this coming Halloween. I just loved the Mego alternative to the more popular Bela Lugosi, like some sort of off-model Dracula with a sort of '70s flair with his ruffled shirt and silky purple cape interior. And he glows in the dark, for crying out loud!



Below, Mego Dracula with my Hasbro 1st Appearance Batman, another figure in my collection with a magnificent, lined cape, and a character that runs parallel with the most famous vampire in history of literature, film, and popular culture in general...

My Funko Primal Age Batcave doesn't exactly fit the scale of these 8" Mego figures, but you can fudge it for some photos. Figures Toy Company sells some reproduction vehicles, but I wouldn't mind seeing Mego offer some playsets or carrying case/display sets like I've seen from Batcave Toys and Classic TV Toys on eBay.



Dracula really glows in the dark, his luminescence of his body even showing through his ruffled shirt! There was a glow-in-the-dark Frankenstein released around the same time I'd love to have, but this Dracula is everything! Stay tuned for a lot more Mego Horror and Halloween fun here at the Super-DuperToyBox!


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment