Monday, January 16, 2023

Turbo Wheels Dirt Bike Conversion


I saw Mike the Hunter customize these dollar store Turbo Wheels Dirt Bikes on YouTube last week, and set out to make some of my own. After disassembly and sticker removal, I spraypainted the body, adding embellishments with gold and silver paint pens on the shocks, engine block, wheels, brake pads, etc. The final touch on Mike's tutorial was an adhesive backed 3/4" jewel mounted to the headlight base, giving it a semi-realistic dimension that really put the proverbial cherry on the top. Genius!


My colors were based on what was in the studio, but I could see making more of these in different colors, perhaps a green, maybe a Tiger Force striped, orange. Mike intended to use his for his 6" G.I. Joe Classified, a natural fit, but Marvel Legends would also work well of course. I intend to keep an eye peeled for more cheap vehicles/accessories that can easily be customized for dioramas and photography.

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment