Thursday, January 19, 2023

Marvel Legends Lizard and Hammerhead


 I want to say I got both of these back in November, and am just getting around to opening them, but in fact, I have figures that have been stowed far longer. I've collected quite a stash of these Spider-Man Retro Card figures, and have opened only one ...? Lizard was a Walmart exclusive preorder, and Hammerhead a discounted Amazon purchase just south of eighteen bucks.


Hammerhead is an outwardly unremarkable, plain clothed figure, but the red tie and HEAD brass knuckles are nice, if small touches, that make him special. He also comes with alternate hands to hold the included baseball bat, like the Jigsaw I reviewed here in November. Jigsaw's suit is an entirely different sculpt from Hammerhead...


Below, Hammerhead and Jigsaw have a run-in with my new Marvel Legends Toei Spider-Man... 



I really like the realistic proportions and fabric creases of the Toei Spidey sculpt! He makes a perfect hero for these two street-level bad guys! I'm unsure how many civilian-dress Marvel Legends I have, but it's not many- these suited figures are great examples. Hammerhead and Jigsaw are a great fit with my Bratz Rock Angelz Cruiser!


Lizard is the classic version Marvel Legends fans have wanted, complete with a detachable bendy wire tail that can rotate position at the base. the chemistry flasks and alternate head sculpt really add a lot.



Everyone has raved about this Renew Your Vows Spider-Man was the best Spider-man we've ever got from Hasbro, and they are right. I am loving that toe articulation ...!



Below, Lizard with my new Marvel Legends Spider-Man Retro Card Series Rhino, another fantastic classic character addition to my collection, and maybe the only other of this series I've opened ...


These were a couple great Spider-Man villains to add to my collection- I knew I'd love the Lizard, but surprised how much I liked Hammerhead, a character I was not familiar with.  As I said, I still have several of these Spider-Man Retro Card Series figures on ice, including the entire first wave- so many figures, so little time. Reccomended!


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment