Sunday, April 30, 2023

MOTU Origins Skeletor & Screeech Collectors Edt. 2pk

I actually had the Zoar bird in 1983, but never the original Screech. A big part of the appeal of this set to me was the Skeletor with variant colors, his red highlights inspired by the 1983 packaging for Screeech. His purples are lighter and more red as well and he includes a Havoc Staff and full Power Sword.  A fantastic variant for my collection! 



The very same wing flapping action feature Screeech 
employed in 1983 is used in this MOTU Origins reissue:



Above/Below: Skeletor with Screeech and Panthor at Castle Grayskull!

I am a big fan of Skeletor, Evil Lord of Destruction! A legendary villain of the '80s, right up there with Shredder, Cobra Commander, Megatron, Mumm-Ra, Skeletor may very well be the best of all these. Below, this new Skeletor with MOTU Origins Wave 1 Skeletor (on Panthor), Terror Claws SkeletorBattle Armor Skeletor, and Rise of Evil 2-pk Skeletor...


I'm still slowly buying some of the new MOTU Origins coming out, but not all of them- I've collected this line well beyond what I had as a child, and it's probably still my favorite line running the last 3 years or so. I'm really happy with this set and am tempted to buy the Zoar/Teela 2pk. Check out the online Battle Ram Blog to reminisce about the original Masters of the Universe line!


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment