Monday, April 24, 2023

Hasbro Silver Age Collection 9in. Green Arrow (1999)


 I've had a few Hasbro 9" figures in my collection since starting this blog in 2010, so when I was presented with the chance to scoop up this Green Arrow for south of fourteen bucks, I bit. Figures of this scale that were produced in this era with soft goods outfits were certainly appealing to the now older Mego generation. I like the chunky, toyetic feel of these kinds of action figures, which actually had a little better articulation than the original 8" Mego figures. Hasbro gave most of their 9" figures hinged gripping hands, helping Green Arrow actually draw his bow.




Green Arrow came with the rather large base, which is cool with the DC logo but takes up a lot of space. The other 9" Hasbro figures I have didn't include a base- this accessory seems only to have been included with the DC Silver Age Collection figures.


My only other DC character that Hasbro produced in this scale is this Martian Manhunter...


I also have a few Marvel figures Hasbro produced in this style and scale: 


And finally, 9" Hasbro Green Arrow with my 8" Figures Toy Co. Green Arrow, which is really just a replica of the original Mego Green Arrow. Mego, resurrected in 2018, will actually release this 8" Green Arrow again this year!


This Green Arrow is unique among the others in my collection because of his scale, and one of maybe only a couple examples of the character with red boots and gloves- most of the rest of my Green Arrow figures are monochromatic. There weren't a lot of characters produced by Hasbro in this scale, but I have enjoyed the few I've had and am always on the lookout for more if the price is right.

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment