Saturday, June 3, 2023

Brave & The Bold Batman Figures


 Batman: The Brave and The Bold was a line styled after the animated show that aired on Cartoon Network from 2008 -2011. I was late to the party when I started collecting them in 2013, but could easily find the continued line on retail pegs ten years ago. It had been awhile since I posted on my collection of these, but I had started picking up loose figures recently, eventually finding this Attack Blade Batman.


I love the deco of this Batman, including his vac-metal chest- the attack blade accessory is mildly cumbersome, but I love the ported limbs concept, interchangeable with the other figures accessories. While I have several figures from this line still on card, it had been a decade since I opened one of these...


I'd been buying loose variants of Batman from this line, including the blue/light gray below, holding an unrelated sword accessory that I also picked up on eBay just for fun. I'm not sure how this variant was sold, but the darker variant nest to him was sold as Aqua Jet Batman with a nautical backpack accessory that fires a missile.


At first glance, the Aqua-Jet Batman accessory is clunky and useless, but the ports on the limbs of these figures opens a lot of modular possibilities. I still feel this was the genius of the Brave and The Bold toy line...



All these blue/gray Batman variants reminded me of my chunky Mattel DC Super Friends Batman, below/center. Flanking this lineup are my Stealth Strike Gear-Up Batman and Battle Axe Batman ...


The Chainsaw Attack Batman below/right was new to my collection- he included a more clunky "deluxe" accessory at retail, but I picked up a Battle-Saw accessory for this loose sample on eBay. He pairs well with the Super Saber Batman I also found loose on eBay...


My Smashing Axe Batman also had a shoulder pauldron ....


I have a Super Saber Batman still on card, as well as a Medieval Batman- a repaint of the former with updated "Snap Attack" branding. The Brave & the Bold line morphed throughout it's run, also labeled "Total Armor" and "Stealth Strike" before Mattel removed the B&TB branding entirely, abandoning the accessory ports entirely and releasing "Justice League" figures in the same scale/styling in spring of 2013.


All of these were great additions to my Batman: The Brave and The Bold collection- it's fun to dig back in the collection and see what I've kept over the years, and this was one of those lines I really loved! While Batman: The Animated Series was roundly lauded by fans and critics, Batman: The Brave and The Bold may have been my favorite animated Batman show- it dug deep into the DC character roster and was super fun! Recommended! 


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment