Sunday, October 29, 2023

Outer Space Men 12" Colossus Rex


I came upon this 12" Colossus Rex at a deep internet discount on the Outer Space Men store this past July- a small production piece I purchased for its retro-appeal and deluxe shelf presence and bright colors. Check out the video:


This 12" vinyl figure is based on the Colossus Rex designs by Mel Birnkrant, who spearheaded the Outer Space Men toys of the '60s. I have several of the 4-5" glyos figures that Four Horsemen reissued awhile back, but this big boy was produced by Clutter Studios. He's a basic 5 points of articulation, which is fine by me as he will probably hand in the background of my MOTU display or something like that. While cumbersome in size, the box is collector friendly- there were no ties nor tape anywhere on the box. I with the leg joints were a bit tighter, but he stands fine.





Above, 12" Colossus Rex with my 5" Colossus Rex, and below, 
Colossus Rex battles my Tim Mee Galaxy Laser Team ...!

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment