Sunday, August 4, 2024

G.I. Joe Classified Quick Kick & Jinx


While I'd long considered acquiring a readymade background for photographing some of the various ninja-related figures in my collection, ordering these G.I. Joe Classified figures was the real inspiration for building the Dojo Diorama from my last post.


 Quick Kick comes with two katanas and nunchaku, backpack, a throwing star/swoosh effect not worth bothering with, and this chocolate bar, the story of which I am clueless about- still fun!


The obvious comparison with this Quick Kick figure for me was my 
Marvel Legends Shang-Chi, who also came with nunchaku for sparring ...!





Below, Quick Kick takes on the Cobra Red Ninja ...!



Jinx can work in three modes, using a masked and unmasked portrait, and blindfold to cover her eyes in what I'm guessing is some meditative state. Her katana and battle staff are her only weapons, but they are nice like Quick Kick's, with paint apps. She is visually striking- a beautiful figure!





I was particularly pleased with how well these figures went with my 
Hasbro Marvel Legends, my MCU Shang-Chi figures, like Xialing below...



Below, Jinx with another MCU Shang-Chi figure, the man himself...


Below, Jinx takes on the Cobra Red Ninja ...!


I was initially on the fence regarding Quick Kick & Jinx but am glad I pulled the trigger .... err, drew my blade ...? They are super action figures and inspired my own creativity, the production of the Dojo Diorama featured in these pictures. Recommended!


More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. I think Quick Kick's chocolate bar is from his first appearance on the Sunbow cartoon in 1985. Wikipedia says, "He is depicted as a karate movie actor filming a commercial for Frozen Fudgy Bars who had been abandoned in the arctic by his director."

    The blindfold for Jinx I think comes from the animated movie in the 80s because she was having trouble concentrating so someone told her to wear a blindfold and use her other senses.

    I have the Xialing but not any of the others. I sort of wonder if Quick Kick and Shang-Chi use the same parts. They're both made by Hasbro, which has a long history of doing that.

    Anyway, the dojo is looking really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanx for the tidbits, PT! Quick Kick and Shang-Chi are unique sculpts.

      Delete