Thursday, August 26, 2021

Mego Ultraman & Ultraseven


While I've largely avoided buying Mego's new 8" figures, they were a staple of my '70s childhood, and I have figures produced by other toy manufacturers in this scale and style. I have several of Mego's recent 14" figures, and love them, but their 8" line is getting harder to resist, such as in the case of this Ultraman and Ultraseven. Aside somewhat roughly hewn material around Ultraman's wrist cuffs, the outfits an head sculpts on these figures are fantastic!





Below, Mego 8" Ultraman with my 5.5" Bandai vinyl Ultraman...


Below, Ultraseven with the only other 8" Mego figure I've bought, Batman...


When I started this blog over ten years ago, Mattel's Retro-Action figures were of great interest to me because of their callback styling, targeted at us kids of the '70s who loved Mego back in their halcyon days. Below, Ultraman with my Mattel Retro-Action Shazam... 


While I have less interest in Mego's new 8" figures than their larger 14" figures, I do love the retro appeal of this Ultraman and Ultraseven, both of which stay true to that unique Mego styling. What they lack in poseability, they more than make up for in charm. It's fun witnessing the resurrection of Mego after all these years! 


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment