Sunday, August 29, 2021

Masters of the WWE Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat


Stumbled onto another of the elusive Masters of the WWE figures at a local Walmart this weekend, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Heroic Master of Dragons! While I'm not a follower of wrestling, the mashup of MOTU and WWE are fantastic, many blending right in with my Masters of the Universe Origins collection. I love the colors on The Dragon, and the Merman chest harness fits great with his overall aesthetic. For whatever reason, Ricky checked out for $10.44 at the register, a few dollars less that the $14.95 these figures are more typically priced. The Dragon Blaster accessory is unfortunately a total waste of plastic, barely able to hang on the figures back, and otherwise useless- I'd have preferred some weapons, such as nunchacku or bo staff... 


The Masters of the WWE come with a mini comic, shorter than the MOTU Origins figures, with a cross sell sheet on back showing other figures in the wave...


I feel like this pole axe from my Funko Primal Age Batcave playset 
is a more suiting weapon for "The Dragon ...!
 

Below, Ricky Steamboat with the other Masters of the WWE figures in my collection:



Aside from the Dragon Blaster accessory, Ricky Steamboat makes a great addition to my collection. I hope to see more of these figures more readily available in the future. Mattel and Walmart have a lot of room for improvement regarding distribution of both MOTU Origins and Masters of the WWE figures, which is a shame because they are some of the best toys out recently. Their interchangeable parts, playability, and retro charm are undeniable. Recommended! 


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment