Thursday, October 27, 2022

Mego Invisible Man


Like many of the 8" Mego Horror figures I've posted on over this Halloween season, I found this boxed Invisible Man this past winter in preparation for my favorite holiday. I had the reissue of the first, suited version with a clear head sculpt on preorder at BBTS until it was canceled, but this version in his plaid lapel housecoat and bandaged head has its own vibe.



I've only seen clips of the Universal Pictures Invisible Man, but the purchase of this figure is based on its merits as an action figure alone. One of the best attributtes is the clear body underneath his fantastic outfit- nice touch. Why a company like Hasbro has such a hard time giving me an Invisible Woman made of translucent plastic, unless it's a Pulse Exclusive, is beyond me. Mego has been working hard since it's 2018 return, and this figure is a great example.


Below, the Invisible Man with my Mego Mole Man
another Walmart-exclusive window-boxed figure...


And finally, the Invisible Man with his Mego Universal Monsters counterparts here at the Super-DuperToyBox: Frankenstein and the Bride of, Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Mole Man, Dracula, Phantom of the Opera, and the Mummy ...!


See my October 2010 post on the 8" Classic TV Toys Mad Monsters figures! Visit the online Mego Museum to see all the history on Mego action figures, and what's new since the return of Mego in 2018! As the month of October finishes, I'll conclude the celebration of my 12th Halloween here at the Super-DuperToyBox with at least one more BIG Mego Horror post!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment