Friday, October 21, 2022

Mego Bela Lugosi Dracula


I had been on the lookout for this Bela Lugosi Dracula ever since BBTS cancelled my preorder placed months ago- he was a reissue of a red-caped version I regretted not picking up the first time. I get my Mego figures from a variety of sources, this Dracula purchased at ZLC Collectibles along with the Mego Medusa from my last post- good prices and great service!





Below, Bela Lugosi with my Mego glow-in-the-dark Dracula, and Hammer/Christopher Lee Dracula- it would be hard for me to choose between these as a favorite, they each have unique attributes and outfits that make them really fun!



Below, Bela haunts my Funko Primal Age Batcave with my other Mego Horror figures, the Wolfman, Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Mummy, Frankenstein, and his Bride! The Batcave isn't really to scale with my 8" Mego figures, but I certainly have got some mileage out of it this Halloween season!


Like my Mego glow-in-the-dark Dracula, this Bela Lugosi Dracula really takes me back to the 9" Remco Dracula I had as a kid. Bela was my first impression of the character, and like a lot of people, I'm tied to that experience. The Universal Monsters have a revival from time to time, one such example being around 1979-1980, smack dab in the middle of my childhood, when Mego re-released their Mad Monsters line, and Remco produced both a 3.75" and 9" lines of Universal Monsters figures. What a time to be a kid! 


See my October 2010 post on the 8" Classic TV Toys Mad Monsters figures! Visit the online Mego Museum to see all the history on Mego action figures, and what's new since the return of Mego in 2018! Be sure to check back through the month of October as I continue to celebrate my 12th Halloween here at the Super-DuperToyBox!


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment