Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Mego Medusa


This Medusa is canonical to no other Mego figures and a peculiar choice for the lineup- she's not the serpent-tailed Medusa of Clash of the Titans, and I'm pretty sure there aren't any other mythological characters among Mego's collection. There is something very Mego about her though, completely out of place in her flowy teal dress. The head sculpt is '70s horror kitsch in a very satisfying way that stays true to Mego's styling. 


The schoolteacher shoes she came with were not helping her stand, so I ditched them immediately- they cannot be seen beneath the miles of dress she is wearing anyway. I was disappointed with her loose ankle joints but did get her to stand better barefooted. 



 If you are picking up this Medusa, just go ahead and buy some rubber snakes to use with her- I had one with my Mattel Masters of the WWE Jake the Snake that works perfectly, but you should be able to by piles of these at the Dollar Tree or Walmart...



Again, my Funko Primal Age Batcave isn't really in scale with my 8" Mego figures, but combined with some other accessories it has made a decent background for my photos this Halloween...


Below, Medusa consults the crystal ball with Mego Dracula ...


Be sure to check back through the month of October as I continue to celebrate my 12th Halloween here at the Super-DuperToyBox! See my October 2010 post on the 8" Classic TV Toys Mad Monsters figures! Visit the online Mego Museum to see all the history on Mego action figures, and what's new since the return of Mego in 2018!


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment