Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Mego Flocked Werewolf & The Fly Collector 2-pk


Both these figures were sold individually but got released again in one of these Mego 2-pks with a collector coin. These two were probably lumped in together due to their flocked bodies- if the characters ever appeared in a movie together, I didn't see it. I'd tell you I don't care about the coin, but such an accessory would be included in toys of the past and I kinda like having it in my Detloff cabinet with my Mego figures.


The Werewolf was the big draw for my purchase of this Mego 2-pk, his flocking more visually apparent to its bristled texture. The Wolfman was probably my favorite childhood monster, and a character I definitely dressed up as for Halloween and had toys of.






I am a little more familiar with the modern 1986 version of The Fly, co-starring Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis, but the head sculpt on this is fantastic. He's pretty simple with lab coat and pants only, but emits that Mego vibe, Sure, a beaker/flask accessory would have been nice, but her really doesn't need much else to tell us what he is.






Of note, these Megos are flocked from head to toe- I can even see displaying your Werewolf shirtless if that's your thing. The articulation doesn't seem hindered, though the Werewolf shed a lot with his coarsely whiskered body.


Below, the Werewolf and Fly with my Mego Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Frankenstein and his Bride, and the Mummy- a pretty good classic horror line-up if I say so myself! Again, I've employed my Funko Primal Age Batcave for some background- the scale is off, but the mood is right!


I was really looking forward to these, especially the Werewolf, but was delighted with the retro/sci-fi appeal of the Fly as well. There were a few other really fun Mego 2-pks, but this one spoke to me most. There will be more Mego Horror coming up on the Super-DuperToyBox, so keep an eye out for the month of October!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment