Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Marvel Legends Rhino & Leader

 


I have several of these Marvel Legends Spider-Man Retro Card figures, this Rhino a recent purchase and the first I've opened. I never had the BAF Rhino from 2015, but I like the more classic presentation here. Butterfly joints at the shoulders would have been nice, but I do like the updated, classic portraits, one neutral and one grimacing.


For whatever reason, I pulled out my Ben Reilly Spider-Man from 2015 while I was familiarizing myself with Rhino, capturing a couple decent charging poses...


The Renew Your Vows/Spider-Man & Spinneret 2pk that dropped at Target recently is probably the Spider-Man to pull out first after opening this retro card Rhino, though. He's my new go-to Spidey. I love having that toe articulation. I still like the Marvel Legends Spider-Man figures I have on that Ben Reilly Spider-Man buck, which debuted on the Pizza Spidey.



Below, Rhino with some other oversized Marvel Legends in my collection: 


Rhino and The Leader are important characters for me in conjunction with the Hulk because of Marvel Super-Heroes #76, one of my earliest comic books as a child in the '70s, and first exposure to both villains. Because of this, I knew I'd be busting out my 80th Anniversary Hulk ...!


I bought this Leader figure loose on eBay, which looks very much like he did in that issue of Marvel Super-Heroes I mentioned earlier. I had taken to giving him the orange gun included with my MOTU Origins Webstor- a perfect fit!



I love being able to pair Leader with my 80th Anniversary Hulk,
where's he's been since I got him...



And finally, because it's such a great figure, Leader with my Marvel Select Immortal Hulk ...!

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment