Sunday, January 1, 2023

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Rebirth Shazam & Endless Winter Black Adam


I found this McFarlane Toys Gold Label Shazam at a local Walmart back in October, then hunting down the Endless Winter series Black Adam on eBay to pair him with. Their bodies are identical, the chest bolt/cape and heads the only difference aside from color. Both came with cards, Black Adam featuring photography of the toy, while Shazam's card has a character illustration.


I thought finding this Gold Label Shazam would be hard, but I saw several at retail on more than one occasion. While top heavy from this large cape, he's a wonderful version of the character. The same lightning accessories that came with Black Adam were included, as well as additional outstretched/flight hands.


The Endless Winter set was nice that came with a cool Frost King build-a-figure, but I can't buy every wave of all the figures I like. This figure seemed to be a standard Black Adam figure, so I had to have him to pair with Shazam- I saved at least five or six bucks buying him loose on the secondary market. His lightning accessories are a little different in color and rigidity than Shazam's. This is the fourth or so Black Adam released recently by McFarlane, ramping up the hype surrounding the recent Black Adam movie I've yet to see.




Below, Shazam with my McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Hawkman and CW Flash...



Below, Black Adam with my McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse General Zod and Lex Luthor...


I am loving this pair and seriously considering picking up a McFarlane Toys movie Black Adam figure and the forthcoming Fury of the Gods Shazam, which both look fantastic. I've enjoyed both characters mostly within a couple of DC's Crisis books, but I am interested in seeing some of the movies. Shazam caught my eye as a child in the '70s, when the character was the lead of a Filmation live action TV show on Saturday mornings for three seasons. Shazam evokes early memories of superheroes for me!

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment