Sunday, April 16, 2023

Marvel Legends Star-Lord (Classic 2023 Walmart Exclusive)


I got into Guardians of the Galaxy much later than it's classic iteration, first reading the Lanning/Abnett run out of the Annihilation: Conquest event from 2008. So I have little connection with this new Marvel Legends Star-Lord based on his classic1976 appearance in Marvel Preview #4. Luckily, I keep a subscription to Marvel Unlimited. Steve Gan's art in this Steve Engelhart story in exceptional!





I'm mildly disappointed by the painted-on boot tops, but this figure is on a nice, modern buck- pin-less and with butterfly joints at the shoulders. This figure has vertically hinged wrists to better wield his weapons and deep elbow articulation. I love the head sculpt on this figure- nearly worth the price of admission! At the $26.50 retail price for this Walmart exclusive, we deserved a little more though ...


I was sure I'd seen Star-Lord's cutlass before, and realized that both 
my Pirate Deadpool and Nightcrawler came with the same sword ...


Below, Star-Lord with my Marvel Legends Infinity Gauntlet Thanos...


More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. Man. I remember when Marvel Universe figures were $7.99 and Legends $19.99.

    ReplyDelete