Saturday, April 1, 2023

McFarlane DC Multiverse Dump


 In an effort to save time and consolidate some posts, I'm cracking open six McFarlane DC Multiverse figures I've had on ice- there are two or three more on preorder, but this will help rid me of space-consuming packaging. I'm largely unfamiliar with Kon-El Superboy, but always liked his punk outfit with the leather jacket. Sadly, no extra hands with Kon-El, nor flight stand, but I really like the figure!



Below, Kon-El with McFarlane DC Multiverse Superboy Prime and Jon Kent Superman...




Along with Kon-El, I was most excited to get this Jay Garrick Flash from McFarlane Toys- he has bright colors and a sort of Golden-Age facial treatment- his deco really reminds me of that era of comics. We get two pair of hands with Jay, and speed force effects accessories...





Above, McFarlane DC Multiverse Jay Garrick Flash with DC Collectibles New 52 Jay Garrick Flash, who actually has a broken left hip joint as that particular era of DC Collectibles suffered from such QC issues. Below, Jay with my DC Multiverse Injustice Flash, Wally West Flash, and CW Flash ...


My DC Multiverse Gold Label Shazam also has a kind of 
Golden -Age look to it, though his sculpt is more modern in it's detail ...



Most of my experience with Green Lantern Kyle Rayner is from the New 52 Green Lantern: New Guardians, over 10 years ago when I was reading a lot of Green Lantern. I found this Gold Label variant right after buying the Atrocitus BAF Wave Kyle Rayner. This version didn't include a lantern, but a katana and samurai armor- it also has a strait-face/closed mouth and different boots and gauntlets. 





Below, Gold Label Kyle Raner GL with my Atrocitus BAF Wave Kyle Rayner GL...


This Endless Winter Aquaman is just a good ol' standard Aquaman to my eyes, which is why I bought him! Not crazy about the eyes gazing left and we get no extra hands, but he grips that trident tightly...



Below, Endless Winter Aquaman with my DC Collectibles New 52 Aquaman...


I've seen neither the Justice League move nor the Aquaman movie, but the sculpt/deco on this Jason Momoa Aquaman is fantastic! He's taller than my DC Multiverse comic-based figures...




Above, Justice League Aquaman with McFarlane DC Multiverse Hawkman from the Black Adam movie line, perhaps my only other McFarlane DCEU/movie figure. Below, Justice League Aquaman next to my McFarlane Endless Winter Aquaman, who is notable shorter in spite of the way the photo appears...


I got this Gold Label Ocean Master pretty easily of Target's website a couple months ago- a character I've had limited exposure to, but provided another villain to my McFarlane Toys collection... dark and menacing!



I knew this Ocean Master would pair well with the Endless Winter Aquaman...



I have a sort of love/hate relationship with McFarlane DC Multiverse figures: they don't pose as well, nor do their joints possess the fluidity of Marvel Legends, nor Mattel's DC Universe Classics probably. The joints are also finger-pinchers and some of the gripping hands are so stiff that it's hard to get their weapons/accessories into! That said, I like the sculpting/deco on many of these and enjoy this particular group.


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment