Wednesday, March 10, 2021

McFarlane Toys Witcher Geralt of Rivia


This McFarlane Witcher was an impulse preorder; the Walmart exclusive would possibly jump in price on the secondary market, and I didn't want to miss it. There is a darker brown Witcher figure like this I've seen solicitation for, but I like the unique color of this lighter brown version. Though I'm no gamer, I had caught a few episodes of the Netflix show starring Henry Cavill, and though the figure bears no resemblance, it's deco looks magnificent. This is one of McFarlane's "Gold Label" releases (hype), the main difference being deluxe packaging, it seems. Regardless, inside is another cool action figure by McFarlane Toys I wasn't disappointed in.



 Geralt carries two large broadswords in sheaths on his back. which he grips quite securely. I'm a little surprised McFarlane Toys would produce an action figure from a 6 year old video game, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt having been released in 2015. The popularity of the Netflix show may have influenced their decision, though McFarlane also recently produced Arkham Asylum and Arkham Knight figures.





While shoulder armor covers some of the articulation points, their soft plastic allows for a great range of motion. The figure has serviceable abdominal range, though the plastic sleeve covering it does restrict it to a degree. Still, this figure has decent articulation by modern standards, and an import-quality deco with a ton of great sculpt detail.




Below, Geralt of Rivia battles my NECA 1933 King Kong!


And finally, The Witcher with my McFarlane Toys Bloodshot figure, another Walmart exclusive I got one year ago. I've really enjoyed the few McFarlane figures I've bought, including both of these, the only two that aren't DC Multiverse figures in my collection. I've been tempted by other McFarlane gaming figures like Doom, Warhammer and Mortal Kombat, but have so far resisted, but not for a lack of admiration. Recommended! 

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment