Saturday, July 9, 2022

MOTU Origins Fisto & Stridor

Fisto is from Wave 5 of the MOTU Origins line, like the Faker and Evil-Lyn I posted on almost a year ago, but I'd been saving him for the Stridor I knew would be coming. I never had the original Fisto that Mattel produced in 1984, but was sure I wanted this burly hero in my modern MOTU collection. Like the other figures of this wave, Fisto came with the "Sucker Punch" mini comic- I'm fond of these and think it was a smart inclusion on Mattel's part. Adult nostalgia fulfilled while bringing the character's stories to kids playing with them.



Below Fisto duels with Wave 7 Jitsu... 

Stridor came with an extra, horned battle helmet, a corral base w/flight stand, and blast effects accessories. His bridle bit is held in place by the toy's spring-loaded jaw. As with Fisto, I had stopped collecting MOTU as a child when the original Stridor dropped in 1984, but this MOTU Origins update has it all over that one with superior articulation, accessories, and even a base. Visit the online Battle Ram Blog to read all about the original Masters of the Universe line I loved as a child in the '80s.




Stridor's corral base is yet another diorama piece to expand your Castle Grayskull playset, like the Battlefield Warriors Battle Armor He-Man/Battle Cat set, the Mysteries of Castle Grayskull accessories pack, and not pictured below, the Wind Raider Assault Lander. Mattel's inclusion of bases for the Origins vehicles & playsets with the same green stone as Castle Grayskull really brought a lot of play value to collecting this fantastic revival of the Masters of the Universe toy line- hands down my favorite of the last 2-3 years. Recommended! 


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment