Friday, December 15, 2023

Mego Big Lots Exclusive Superman, Batman & Robin


A year ago I was enjoying Mego's 50th Anniversary World's Greatest Superheroes reissues- a dream come true for a '70s kid like myself who spent more than one Christmas playing with my new Mego figures under the tree! I was challenged to find any of these Big Lots variant figures in the area, making several trips out this fall in search of these, unable to find the Joker variant. I kinda hate that Big Lots, of all retailers, has these exclusively, but I had to have them! Check out the video:
 

If you had told me in 2010, when I started this blog, that Mego would reappear on the scene in 2018 and we'd have all this toy greatness from our childhood again, I would not have believed it. So much fun! Check out my Figures Toy Co. Mego Batmobile replica!


Below, my Big Lots Exclusive variants with last year's Mego 50th Anniversary World's Greatest Superheroes reissues. The variants have better fitting outfits, Superman sporting the Fleischer chest emblem from the 1940s, and Batman's cowl, chest emblem, and belt an homage to the '60s TV Batman. Based on the response, and demand on the secondary market, I believe Mego could have sold more of these at some of the online retail outlets, but I'm just a fan. I'm mad for these and haven't completely given up hope on the Joker.



Below, the new Big Lots variant Superman, Batman, and Robin with some of the Mego 50th Anniversary World's Greatest Superheroes reissues and a Figures Toy Co. Green Arrow reissue! So much more Mego to show you here on the Super-DuperToyBox, and another new wave on the way this February! Be sure to check out the Mego Museum online and take a trip back to the halcyon days of Mego and the World's Greatest Superheroes!

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment