Saturday, December 23, 2023

Mego 50th Anniversary Joker, Green Lantern Hal Jordan, & Green Arrow

I've had these Mego figures on ice for at least 7 months now, Green Lantern maybe longer- but since I just posted on the Big Lots Exclusive Mego Superman, Batman, & Robin, I thought I'd circle back to show you these. Another wave of Mego DC Superheroes I preordered is due to drop in February, so I might as well keep it going! Check out the video:


Below, Mego 50th Anniversary Green Arrow with my Figures Toy Company 8in. Green Arrow
which was basically a Mego reissue that doesn't feel quite as sturdy as the 50th GA ...


Green Lantern wasn't part of the original Mego World's Greatest Heroes lineup back in the '70s, but the character has received more love here in the 21st Century. Below, 50th Anniversary Mego Green Lantern Hal Jordan with my 14" Mego Green Lantern Hal Jordan and 8" Green Lantern John Stewart ...


Below Mego Green Lantern & Green Arrow with my Mattel Retro-Action Green Lantern & Green Arrow, which have been in my collection for twelve years. This line was one of several over the years that appealed to Gen-X kids like me that had 8" Mego figures- I have several in my collection that I treasure to this day, carded and loose.


I love the Green Arrow and Green Lantern, but there is a particular charm to the original Mego Joker- that face sculpt/deco and outfit are iconic in the history of action figures, if I dare say, and a childhood favorite of mine and countless others! 


Below, Mego 50th Anniversary Joker with Figures Toy Co. 18" Joker




Below, Mego Hal Jordan and Green Arrow with my new Big Lots variant Superman, Batman, and Robin with some of the Mego 50th Anniversary World's Greatest Superheroes reissues. Mego had so much to do with my love of superhero comics and action figures back in the '70s, so having Mego reappear back in 2018 and revive the World's Greatest Super-Heroes line has been fun! 


These are fantastic additions to my Mego Collection! Be sure to check out the Mego Museum online and take a trip back to the halcyon days of Mego and the World's Greatest Superheroes!


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment