Tuesday, August 29, 2023

McFarlane DC Multiverse Ted Kord Blue Beetle & DC Vs. Vampires Superman

I don't buy a great deal of McFarlane figures because while I think they look great, I have a hard time posing them. Their joints often don't have that buttery smooth articulation with just the right amount of tightness to keep them upright in strenuous poses. These two recent Gold Label figures (false scarcity marketing tactic/total hype) are good examples of what McFarlane does well a fair amount of the time, that being sculpt and deco. From the tidiness of Blue Beetle's bright, flat deco to the horrific portrait of DC Vs. Vampires Superman, I had to pick these up.


At first, I wasn't sure I liked the opaque yellow eyes on this Blue Beetle as he is more often portrayed with translucent goggles, but not exclusively. His proportions feel right to me, and that clean deco really looks nice in those bright blues. I like the metallic Blue Scarab and grapple gun accessories. A slightly different figure came with Booster Gold in a 2-pack, but there was something about that Boster Gold I didn't like, maybe the cut boot tops detail. Regardless, I love this Blue Beetle.




Below, McFarlane Toys Ted Kord Blu Beetle with Mattel DC Universe Classics Blue Beetle- the DCUC Beetle is a fantastic figure that included a holster for Ted's grapple gun. DC Universe Classics was a fantastic action figure line that ran long and deep into the DC character roster.


Below, Blue Beetle with some of my other Gold Label McFarlane DC Multiverse heroes: Martian Manhunter, Jay Garrick Flash, and Shazam. I love the bright colors on these classic characters!



As with Blue Beetle, I only took a pass on this DC Vs. Vampires Superman once before taking him home- love the dark blue of the suit, chest emblem and that fantastic head sculpt! And I like this particular swooshing cape- some collectors don't go for that, but this one is really good. What an action figure! 


Below, DC Vs. Vampires Superman with my McFarlane DC Multiverse Black Lantern Batman, which I knew would pair nicely. This Batman is one of my favorite McFarlane figures- I purchased the Vampire Superman specifically to complement him...  a match made in HELL!



Below, DC Vs. Vampires Superman with Red Son Superman and Black Lantern Superman...



And finally, McFarlane Vampire Superman with my Mattel Batman Unlimited Vampire Batman...


More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment