Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Figures Toy Company Shazam


Figures Toy Company has been selling licensed 8" figures for quite a while now, including outright reissues of DC Mego figures of the '70s. This Shazam has an updated outfit, different than the Mego original, with a larger lightning bolt insignia, cuffed boot tops, and a white cape. I bought mine loose in a factory bag to save money. 


Below, Figures Toy Co. Shazam with my Mego 50th Anniversary World's Greatest Superheroes Shazam. The Mego Shazam has a superior new body with tighter joints, but I like having the Figures ToyCo. variant ...


Below, my Figures Toy Co. Green Arrow and Shazam ...


I watched the CBS live action TV show in the mid '70s, 
so Shazam carries a level of nostalgia for me...


Below, Figures Toy Co. Shazam with my Mego 50th Anniversary World's Greatest Superheroes Superman- two of my favorite powerhouse characters from DC Comics ...!



More Later- Make It FUN!

1 comment:

  1. I have all of the figures from the first movie and a 12" talking Shazam and non-talking Dr. Sivana. Mentioning the 70s TV show always makes me think of "TV's Michael Gray"'s appearance on two episodes of Archer about 8 years ago.

    ReplyDelete