Saturday, August 24, 2024

MOTU Masterverse Revolution Battle Armor He-Man, Sorceress Teela, Gwildor/Orko 2pk, New Eternia Tri-Klops

 


I'm going to keep things rolling here with more MOTU Masterverse, these all preordered off BBTS in January of this year, arriving here back in April. I may have been most excited about this Revolution Battle Armor He-Man that also came with the standard He-Man chest harness- Fantastic!


I already had a New Eternia Battle Armor He-Man that I loved- he came with more accessories, including a Sword of Power, but I favor the Revolution version side-by-side. Both came with interchangeable armor plates to show battle damage, and I prefer the darker tone of the Revolution He-Man and his flashier battle axe...



Below, Revolution He-Man with my Masterverse 40th Anniversary He-Man
 and MOTU Origins He-Man, and atop his trusty steed, Battle Cat ...



I enjoyed this year's Masters of the Universe: Revolution on Netflix well enough, though I came to the party with less skin in the game- I was less attached to the original Filmation cartoon. My childhood experience of that mythology came from the mini comics included with the initial 1982 product launch, portraying the characters in a more mysterious and grittier world. By the time the Filmation show arrived in September of 1983, its squeaky-clean presentation didn't interest me. Regardless, I was more interested in this Revolution Sorceress Teela as a compliment to my Revelation Teela and Sorceress figures.



Revolution Sorceress Teela with version 1 and version 2 Revelation Teela ...


Revolution Sorceress Teela with my Revelation Sorceress...


Gwildor is the dwarf-like Thenurian who invented the Cosmic Key in the 1987 Masters of the Universe live action film, starring Dolph Lundgren as He-Man. The fan favorite was carried over into the animated series, and while I've collected none of the Masterverse movie figures, I'm plenty happy with Gwildor. Along with the Cosmic Key, he carries his jeweled magic staff and a Sword of Power. He won't strike any Spider-Man poses, but he does have a fair amount of articulation, including a swivel on those ears.




This deluxe Masterverse Revolution Series Orko includes a serious base with moving parts and a snap-on cape extension, all of which makes for a somewhat large footprint for such a diminutive character. You can unclip the magic orbital rings though if you want to consolidate his shelf space.



Below, Masterverse Revolution Orko with my MOTU Origins Orko and Power Attack Orko...

This Masterverse New Eternia Tri-Klops figure feels deluxe with accessories a little more exciting than Battle Armor He-Man's, including an optional bejeweled sash with sword and alternate rotating eye band. I never had Tri-Klops as a kid in the '80s, but this figure rocks- his paint deco and accessories are fantastic!



Below, Tri-Klops with New Eternia Webstor and Trap Jaw...


Another pretty nice batch of Masterverse figures, Gwildor possibly being my favorite, followed closely by Battle Armor He-Man or Tri-Klops. So great! More Masterverse to come here on the Super-DuperToyBox, stay tuned!

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment