Saturday, February 10, 2024

MOTU Masterverse New Eternia Webstor, Faker, & Jitsu


 Webstor, Faker, and Jitsu were all Masterverse figures I collected on the secondary market last year, coming into the game late after three years of telling myself that Mattel's MOTU Origins line was all I was interested in. But over time I was swayed by this fantastic 7" line of Masters of the Universe figures- the more recent New Eternia figures most especially.

Webstor:
The only figure of these three I didn't have from the original MOTU line in the '80s, this Webstor has fantastic detail in the face, with its translucent red eyes. His grapple gun has retractable claws, the line of which can be fed through the backpack like the original toy. The added spider arms are articulated as well.




Masterverse New Eternia Webstor with my Mattel MOTU Origins Webstor:


Masterverse Webstor with my other MOTU "creature" villains: 



Faker:
My childhood Faker action figure from 1983 was one of my favorites, and this New Eternia version does not disappoint! I'm particularly fond of the sculpted chest panel revealing the character's robotic nature. The figure was featured on cross-sell art with a magenta chest armor at some point, contrary to the figure's orange chest armor, homaged here on the New Eternia Faker.




Masterverse New Eternia Faker with my Mattel Origins Faker:


Masterverse New Eternia Faker with my Masterverse 40th Anniversary HeMan:


Masterverse New Eternia Faker with my New Eternia Skeletor:


Jitsu:
Jitsu was one of the last figures I got from the original MOTU line back in '84, and another childhood favorite I regretted selling until picking up the Origins Jitsu, and now this 7" Masterverse New Eternia version. They kept the vac-metal hand and added a gnarly jaw muzzle- so great!




Masterverse New Eternia Jitsu with my MOTU Origins Jitsu:


Masterverse New Eternia Jitsu with my Masterverse Revelation Fisto




I've been loving these 7" Masterverse figures and have several more to showcase here on the Super-DuperToyBox! I never could afford the 6" Masters of the Universe Classics line from a decade ago, but these are easier to acquire at retail instead of that old pesky MattyCollector site. Stay tuned!

More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. Those look pretty cool. I like the metal hand on Jitsu especially. The legs on Webstor make me think of Superior Spider-Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Superior Spider-Man was a great series, really got into that

      Delete