Saturday, November 25, 2023

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Black Lighting (Gold Label)


 I bumped into this McFarlane Toys Gold Label Black Lighting at an out of the way Walmart today, and though I find some of these figures to have problematic articulation, I often like their sculpt/deco, and one is released that I am compelled to buy. I had to have this one!




Below, McFarlane Toys Black Lightning with my DC Direct Black Lightning, my favorite design for the character that debuted in 1977, created by writer Tony Isabella and artist Trevor Von Eeden...


Blow Black Lightning with the Ted Kord Blue Beetle I got recently, also a Gold Label...


Below Black Lightning with another McFarlane figure I found at the same Walmart way out past the county line, Wally West Flash, which was released again in two-tone blue...




...Black Lightning with my Black Adam Series Hawkman...

And finally, Black Lightning with McFarlane Toys Green Lantern John Stewart, Jay Garrick Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Aquaman. This figure fits in great with a lot of my McFarlane DC Multiverse- because of his flashy design and bold color, he mixes well with the retro-styled figures I tend to gravitate towards. Makes me want to find some more McFarlane figures- Recommended!


More Later- Make It FUN!

2 comments:

  1. He looks cool but does he have the floppy, loose shoulder thingies. Not sure what they're called but I'm not a fan of them on my McFarlane Captain Atom figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man, i shoulda picked up that Captain Atom! Butterfly hinges didn't give me a problem with this figure

      Delete