Sunday, January 8, 2023

Marvel Legends Model 70 Iron Man, U.S. Agent, Herald Thor


 I was interested in all three of these Marvel Legends from the Controller BAF Wave last year but held out long enough to see the Model 70 Iron Man and U.S. Agent get discounted on Amazon recently, then getting them free using Amazon Visa points earned. You can't play the long game on every Marvel Legends, but these had been available everywhere for months and waiting paid most of the bill on all three of these figures.


I have more Iron Man figures than I need, yet Hasbro produced yet another I didn't know I needed. And with hinged repulsor hands. He has a Marvel NOW vibe yet hits all the classic notes in his traditional red and gold color scheme. His angular armor features evoke a retro feel that appeals to me greatly...




Below, Model 70 Iron Man with some of the other Marvel Legends Iron Men I've collected in the last 3 years: Avengers Gamerverse Iron Man, Silver Centurion, 80th Anniversary Classic Iron Man, War Machine, Modular Iron Man, Stealth Iron Man, and Iron Man 2020...


The face sculpt isn't my favorite on this U.S. Agent, and he's a straight-up repaint, but I like this figure's crisp paint job. Snappy! The clip/peg shield gets a lot of hate, but I've yet to snap one- I actually like them. I like the color scheme on this figure and his shield. but was glad I held out to get him for free.





I don't have any other U.S. Agent figures to compare this latest Marvel Legends with, but this Gamerverse Stealth Captain America has a similar vibe. A lot of collectors didn't care for this figure, but I liked the Avengers Gamerverse figures...


I bought this "Herald of Thunder" Thor on a buy one/get one 50% off deal at Target last November while picking up that killer Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man. Much praised had been heaped upon this modern comic-based Thor so I had to take advantage of the $12.24 price tag. I've not read any of this series where Thor becomes a Herald of Galactus, but he sure looks cool! His wardrobe update pays homage to Modern Age, Age of Thunder, and Marvel NOW Thor to a certain degree, but leaves out the helmet and introduces new elements. I like the raven accessories and photogenic powered Mjolnir w/lightning accessory. A beautiful standout of a figure among the Marvel Legends line.





I want to say I saw someone put the new Marvel Legends Sentry head on the 80th Anniversary Thor, but it fit this new Herald Thor neck peg perfectly- looks fantastic!


And finally, Herald Thor with my 80th Anniversary and Modern Age Thor! Like the Modern Age Thor (that I got 10 years ago when 6" Marvel Legends returned to retail), Herald Thor has a belt strap to carry Mjolnir...


I'm really happy with all these figures, Thor at the top of my preference, and getting them all for such a deep discount made it even better. A lot of collectors have lamented Hasbro's steep price increases, I predict we will continue to see incentive sales and discounts of various kinds on some Marvel Legends, like we always have. I say that because I feel the action figure market is highly saturated, but the figures keep coming out, more now than ever. Recommended!

More Later- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment